Go Back   LOST.COM Forums > The Water Cooler > Season 5
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar

Old 04-14-2010, 09:40 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Default Another stable time loop?

This it not new, but I just noticed it, so maybe there has been a thread about this for over a year and maybe there hasn't. Anyway.

So in the season 5 premiere Locke gets told by Richard that he has to go off the island and get everyone back, and he is supposed to do this by dieing. Then he dies and MiB takes his form and tells Richard to tell Locke that he has to bring everyone back by dieing.

This is the same thing as with the compass: it was never created, it just bounces back and forth between Richard and Locke, which makes absolutely no sense. Even if you accept that the compass was never really created, Richard mentions that the compass is "a bit rusty", so that already rusty compass would go back in time again for another 50 or so years and get even rustier? What happens if the compass breaks?

This just shows that Lost has gone complete BS since the 5th season.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:42 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarus View Post
This it not new, but I just noticed it, so maybe there has been a thread about this for over a year and maybe there hasn't. Anyway.

So in the season 5 premiere Locke gets told by Richard that he has to go off the island and get everyone back, and he is supposed to do this by dieing. Then he dies and MiB takes his form and tells Richard to tell Locke that he has to bring everyone back by dieing.

This is the same thing as with the compass: it was never created, it just bounces back and forth between Richard and Locke, which makes absolutely no sense. Even if you accept that, Richard mentions that the compass is "a bit rusty", so that already rusty compass would go back in time again for another 50 or so years and get even rustier? What happens if the compass breaks?

This just shows that Lost has gone complete BS since the 5th season.[/
There's always NCIS on the other channel if you aren't happy.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:15 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Focusing on the compass as a symbol for direction, a moral compass, or a sign of things to come is quite interesting.

It was Christian that appeared to Locke and was told to die for the island. I believe it was MiB in disguise as we have seen Christian with Claire gone whako in the cabin AND we now know Claire is in cahoots with MiB (he's her "friend").

I think one non-related LOST happening that had a critical impact was the actor's guild writer strike. This is what made Season 4 come to a screeching halt at 14 episodes and produced shorter seasons of 14 to 17 episodes plus an additional season when LOST was originally suppose to be only 5 seasons long not 6. I believe due to this, the quality of production in the story has been somewhat diluted and is giving us the end product we see. It is still good, but it seems there is consensus in seeing some unanswered questions as well as unpolished episodes.

If you are familiar with the movie CLUE, I would prefer LOST go down the road of the three triology ending pointing out:
- Here's what happened
- Here's what could have happened
- Here's what really happened

instead of doing an alternate reality thing, but I'm not a writer for the show, nor am I part of the 400 crew staff that produces LOST.

Here is wikipedia and look at ending A, B, C if you don't recall or understand.

I could not find a Youtube clip specific to what I'm talking about, but it is a great movie with an all star cast in 1985 (same year as Back To The Future).

Last edited by LincolnEcho06; 04-14-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:58 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnEcho06 View Post
Focusing on the compass as a symbol for direction, a moral compass, or a sign of things to come is quite interesting.

It was Christian that appeared to Locke and was told to die for the island. I believe it was MiB in disguise as we have seen Christian with Claire gone whako in the cabin AND we now know Claire is in cahoots with MiB (he's her "friend").
This doesn't change, that MiB instructs Locke (through Richard) to die only after Locke died and MiB came back as him. This thread is not about some movie or what Lost should have become (except 'not crap') but about what Lost has become, namely crap.

I guess there is no defense or proper solution for the circular reasoning that the writers came up with, at least I don't see any points for it being made. This must mean that you very well know that Lost sucks, but you decide to look the other way and still cheer for it every night. I tip my hat to your strong willpower.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:17 AM

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get it Icky. If you hate LOST so much, are so down on it and so disappointed in it....then why are you here and why do you watch? Are you just here to try and taunt someone into an argument? Weird, just plain weird.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:32 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolost42 View Post
I don't get it Icky. If you hate LOST so much, are so down on it and so disappointed in it....then why are you here and why do you watch? Are you just here to try and taunt someone into an argument? Weird, just plain weird.
DIDDO, why are you here and why do you keep watching