Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Default Have you watched Locke

Just incase you havent:

Listen to Boone 2:00 into the start of
http://abc.go.com/watch/lost/93372/2...eus-ex-machina

Boone says your speaking ancient and building that thingy

then listen to lock get frustrated when the attempt to break the glass didn't work..
It seems I see him much differently than the first 20 times I watched this, he seems different after watching the ending of season 5

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2010, 10:07 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Send a message via MSN to Desi420 Send a message via Yahoo to Desi420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain67 View Post
Just incase you havent:

Listen to Boone 2:00 into the start of
http://abc.go.com/watch/lost/93372/2...eus-ex-machina

Boone says your speaking ancient and building that thingy

then listen to lock get frustrated when the attempt to break the glass didn't work..
It seems I see him much differently than the first 20 times I watched this, he seems different after watching the ending of season 5
I have to rewatch it. I did notice something about that episode too. When Locke takes Boone to the Beech craft, he is limping on the wrong leg. When Boone addresses it Locke blows it off. Now I don't have season 5 so I can't check my theroy, but if memory serves me correctly, he is limping on the leg Ethan shot him in. It is known that they flash to that point in time, but if he is accounted for that time not sure. I think the T shirts he wears is a clue to who or when he is.... theroy is that there are more then one locke at any givin time.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:19 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Locke was clearly influenced by something. He clearly looked to have sold his soul when he got his legs back. The point in the movie where he was speaking about a sign. The plane flies by; Boone mumbles Teresa fall down the stairs. Locke see him self in a wheel chair and clearly then sold his soul by submitting to what he thought. He awakes from a dream. we all saw it as him, Locke, getting the sign he need to which direction he need to go in. His mother was there too. He was clearly picked and cultured before coming to the Island. I believe so he could be manipulated as he was.

Locke in the last 2 esp, Clearly didn't know all the details as he clearly should if is was the MIB. Like the " Nice Foot" Comment.
Also the Ben and the Smokey little arrangement. He looked suprised to hear that Ben had to every thing Locke said.

Richard had to open the door to Jacobs home, why wasnt the door already open? It wasnt the same door he use when he came out to eat fish that morning the Blackrock was comming.

Richard also should be alot smarter and in the loop to information unlike any other. I think Ben Is lieing again... and had seen him or had special information. I think Jacob healed him as kid.

my thoughts for today

Last edited by Captain67; 01-18-2010 at 08:22 PM.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:35 PM

Post Thanks / Like

i personally don't buy into the theory that locke was MiB the whole time on the island. there's just too many instances when locke seemed genuinely mystified by things going on with the island. if he was mib the whole time wouldnt he pretty much know everything about it already? i haven't rewatched the 1st three seasons in a while but i think it's farfetched to say locke seasons 1-4 is the same locke from season 5. not saying its impossible though until i see it for myself. anything's possible.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:01 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caraway View Post
i personally don't buy into the theory that locke was MiB the whole time on the island. there's just too many instances when locke seemed genuinely mystified by things going on with the island. if he was mib the whole time wouldnt he pretty much know everything about it already? i haven't rewatched the 1st three seasons in a while but i think it's farfetched to say locke seasons 1-4 is the same locke from season 5. not saying its impossible though until i see it for myself. anything's possible.
I dont think Locke was anyone other than Locke before he returned to the Island on Ajira.

Sure he was able to sense things but then again so did Rose. She knew without a doubt her husband was alive and her terminal cancer was gone.

I truly believe Locke was given the ability to sense things like when it was going to rain from Smokey.

I also think it had to do with the Island about to move as well.

there was the one scene where it started to rain and Locke looked surprised because he didnt know it was.

Thought that was interesting.

Just seems that Locke was being influenced all along by Smokey and now that he is back on the Island "alive" he is Smokey.

At least thats that I think

Old 01-29-2010, 07:41 PM

Post Thanks / Like

I have been re-watching season 1 all week and I am totally convinced that there is something very, very different about Locke watching this time around. Maybe Jack too. So many conversations seem different on re-watching. So many words, so many references to things that neither of them should know, and little smiles, knowing looks. Discussions about ships, "others" (before there are "others"), knowing when it would rain, saying things about other people as if they have absolute knowledge...upon original airing, these things didn't add up, but if you go back and watch now, so many things just jump out at you...

It's as if John (and maybe Jack) are already time tripping a bit and we just didn't realize that when the series first aired (but with that knowledge of possibility now, sure makes certain parts of season 1 look suspect)...or...

Jack and John are playing some game from the very beginning. Perhaps some very, very long game.....like backgammon With their 'pieces'...which sometimes are captured and off the board, to only 'come back' later.... I was reading about backgammon the other day - not because of Lost but because I have a friend who plays with me and I was researching strategy. I was reading this site: http://www.backgammon.org/articles/backgammon-strategy/ and when I read this sentence, I was floored...made me remember Jacob saying: "It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."

Here's the quote from that site:
Quote:
Backgammon is basically a race, a checker play strategy. The winner of every game is the one who gets his checkers off first. Everything that happens in between the first roll and the last roll is just positioning to get your last checker off before your opponent.
Weird.

Jack and John remind me a bit of Jacob and MIB...but then, the whole series is about duality so that isn't saying much!

Old 02-01-2010, 12:20 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Also, in Deux Ex Machina, Locke has the 'dream' about the plane. But we know Locke actually SEES the plane crashing when he's time tripping (later).

So...I don't really think that's a dream, but perhaps a memory (if he's already time tripping in season 1, or if he's someone else, or, or, ...whatever he is, which I still don't believe is just a man in a wheelchair).

Old 02-11-2010, 11:22 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to interupt any conversations guys, just running a test on embedded video's

Old 10-14-2012, 08:27 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridled pageantry View Post
sorry to interupt any conversations guys, just running a test on embedded video's

l o l .