Go Back   LOST.COM Forums > The Water Cooler > Season 1
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar

Old 08-16-2009, 01:21 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by berelain3 View Post
Well,I happen to think the same thing! There are more things that Locke says which makes you think twice now that we know a lot more:

In episode 5 ''White Rabbit'' Jack goes running through the jungle like madman,he trips and almost tumbles down a cliff,but manages to grab a hold. Locke is there to save him.
Before this scene,we see Kate,Syid and Locke talking about finding Jack. Locke says he'll do it and says: ''Besides,I know where to look''. How would he know where Jack is at that moment??

There is also a weird scene with Charlie and Locke,wen they discover Adam and Eve.
Charlie says: So,there were other people here before us? He looks at Locke and says: ''Well,I mean it could be that there were people here before us?''.
This doesn't mean a whole lot but Charlie looks a little ''caught'' while saying this. Like him and Locke know more.

Hi all...OK..here are some of my thoughts on this...as I re-watch season 1...How does Locke know where Jack fell from Cliff?? and the water, and knowing when its going to rain?? Yes..at first I thought it was due to no wheelchair, kinda of a freeing of spirit and being in touch with the island and nature....but......then comes this scene which I thought was eye-opening...maybe it means something maybe not...but Locke is sitting on beach and Jack walks up and says....

Jack Any ships?
Locke Not yet, but I'm patient.
Jack Mind if I join you? It's been awhile since you and I talked, John.
Locke Well you're a busy man.
Jack So are you. Where's Boone?
Locke I haven't seen him today.
Jack Yeah? You 2 have been attached at the hip all week.
Locke Well let me just check my hip... nope, no Boone.
Jack How's the boar hunting going?
Locke Between you and me?
Jack Always.
Locke I'm afraid they're beginning to migrate outside our valley. They're smart animals and smart animals adapt quickly when a new predator is introduced into their environment.
Jack You mean us?
Locke The most dangerous predator of all.

This reminded me soooo much of the scene with Mib and Jacob....the "mind if I join you" Its been awhile since you and I talk....

maybe its just my imagination running but it was a very familiar scene in retrospect to what we saw in season 5....
LIFE should NOT be a journey to the grave,arriving safely in a well preserved body,but rather skid in sideways-Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up,screaming..WHOOHOO, What a Ride!"

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2009, 01:27 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartygirl View Post
Hi all...OK..here are some of my thoughts on this...as I re-watch season 1...How does Locke know where Jack fell from Cliff?? and the water, and knowing when its going to rain?? Yes..at first I thought it was due to no wheelchair, kinda of a freeing of spirit and being in touch with the island and nature....but......then comes this scene which I thought was eye-opening...maybe it means something maybe not...but Locke is sitting on beach and Jack walks up and says....

Jack Any ships?
Jack Always.
Locke I'm afraid they're beginning to migrate outside our valley. They're smart animals and smart animals adapt quickly when a new predator is introduced into their environment.
Jack You mean us?

This reminded me soooo much of the scene with Mib and Jacob....the "mind if I join you" Its been awhile since you and I talk....

maybe its just my imagination running but it was a very familiar scene in retrospect to what we saw in season 5....
I love it Sparty!!!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 10:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartygirl View Post

Jack Any ships?
Jack Always.
Jack You mean us?

Wow, this is great. This is why I joined this forum. Awesome job.

Like you losties, I also have my doubts about John and Jack's mysterious doings in the first season.

I think "the thing we missed" in the pilot was the fact that Jack woke up a few miles away from everyone else and I believe season 6 will open up with that exact same scene.

But I digress. Has John been on the island before? Personally I say no, however I have two theories to how he knows so much.

1) when his paralysis was healed by the island/jacob he adopted some knowledge but didnt quite understand it.

2) When he encountered smokie something transferred over to him or maybe smokie took hold. How about this, Smokie originally takes hold of john locke. then leaves john locke to take over christian in later seasons to put things in place then comes back to john for season 5?

Another thing, When John gets grabbed my smokie in a later season (cant remember when) He says he knows it wasn't going to do him harm. How he could he possibly know that? I think it's because he has been in that situation before.

What do you think?
Btw I'm Rob. I'm new here but not new to Lost. I'm rewatching it with my girlfriend to get caught up for season 6. So I'm discovering things again.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:11 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate's Future Ex-Husband View Post
yeah I think we were first led to believe he was just "in tune" with the island. But knowing where things are and when things are going to happen may be time travel or I don't think the producers ave ruled out De Ja Vu. Maybe some people's past memories become clear enough they can change things or at least anticipate them.
Yes, like Charlotte suddenly remembering Faraday! But then again that could have been because they were in that time frame (with the flashes) when Faraday told Charlotte not to come back or she would die. IDK.....sooooo many questions, my brain is in overdrive when I get on here and read all these different posts, guess I should keep up more frequently rather than taking it in all at once, LOL
I think the evidence is out there either way, he was there before or he wasn't It works both ways

Old 03-07-2010, 03:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingafixonlost View Post
Yes, like Charlotte suddenly remembering Faraday! But then again that could have been because they were in that time frame (with the flashes) when Faraday told Charlotte not to come back or she would die. IDK.....sooooo many questions, my brain is in overdrive when I get on here and read all these different posts, guess I should keep up more frequently rather than taking it in all at once, LOL
I think the evidence is out there either way, he was there before or he wasn't It works both ways
I agree, this is my first time in a Lost forum ever and now wonder if i should have joined at the beginning.

I even woke this morning with ideas that Locke has always been MiB from season 1 right from his first toe wiggle, its been bugging me all day due to the fact i woke convinced of it but then as i've gone over the past seasons in my mind i'm at conflicts with myself.

Its been in my head that there was a significance why Johns father had his kidney and then caused his paralytic accident. The connection then to have him on the island for Ben to get him to kill him. But with Sawyer doing the job I then wonder if what was supposed to play out didn't entirely, John not being the killer he was supposed to be...

I'm thinking Flocke is going to be found unworthy because of that and that Sawyer was probably the person that should have took over the Mib role.

I'm wondering should Mib be Locke pre season1 and his "father" was sent to ensure that he was "broken" in order that he must return to the island after a prior escape...

These thoughts and more from a very troubled lost mind who wants to figure it out more but doesn't have enough time lol.