Go Back   LOST.COM Forums > The Water Cooler > Season 6
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar

Old 05-27-2010, 12:56 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Default Czechmate answers all questions

ok, so some of my answers just don't pan out.. but I'm pretty good with a line of bull. So, this thread is devoted to people asking a question and me giving my answer to that question.. I'll try not to joke around too much, but I do have a tendency to go that way.

so, what are you confused about? Let me know and I'll see if I can make it less confusing.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2010, 01:04 AM

Post Thanks / Like

It seemed like Jacob was all knowing...why didn't Jack or Hurley appear to have the same "knowledge"?

ok..go!

"Not until we are LOST do we begin to understand ourselves" --Henry David Thoreau

Old 05-27-2010, 01:07 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechmate View Post
ok, so some of my answers just don't pan out.. but I'm pretty good with a line of bull. So, this thread is devoted to people asking a question and me giving my answer to that question.. I'll try not to joke around too much, but I do have a tendency to go that way.

so, what are you confused about? Let me know and I'll see if I can make it less confusing.

Who was in the other outrigger? Who was doing the shooting, and did anybody get shot (if so, who?)?

Why was Widmore invited to the island by Jacob since he brought back the one person who could pull the plug?

Old 05-27-2010, 01:10 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieShephard View Post
It seemed like Jacob was all knowing...why didn't Jack or Hurley appear to have the same "knowledge"?

ok..go!
There is so much knowledge that it takes time for a human brain to take it all in and comprehend what it means and how to use it. Jack didn't have enough time to come into his full powers.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:11 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisNameIsRobertPaulson View Post
Who was in the other outrigger? Who was doing the shooting, and did anybody get shot (if so, who?)?

Why was Widmore invited to the island by Jacob since he brought back the one person who could pull the plug?
Widmore lied. That was already verified by TPTB in the Times Talk interview. They said it like this; if someone said something and you saw it happen then you know it was true. If someone says something that you did not see then it probably isn't. Something to that effect anyway. It was very good advice.

Disclaimer: This answer is based on a canon interview featuring Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse and is not conjecture nor the sole opinion of the author.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:13 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisNameIsRobertPaulson View Post
That's a good one.. I'm still not convinced that I need to know the answer to this.. but the spoonfed bull@#$ answer is, it was Illana's people in a scene we weren't made aware of. I can't give an explination for why, it just feels like that would have been the answer that TPTB would have given us.

Quote:
Jacob never invited Widmore, that was a line of bull he was using to get Ben to do what he wanted. He is, was, and always will be an ass.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:13 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolost42 View Post
Widmore lied. That was already verified by TPTB in the Times Talk interview. They said it like this; if someone said something and you saw it happen then you know it was true. If someone says something that you did not see then it probably isn't. Something to that effect anyway. It was very good advice.

Disclaimer: This answer is based on a canon interview featuring Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse and is not conjecture nor the sole opinion of the author.
Hey, get your own thread. LOL, just kidding.. that was where I got my answer from as well.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:19 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Hey, get your own thread. LOL, just kidding.. that was where I got my answer from as well.
Ooops, lol. I just figured there is strength in numbers Czech. When I tried to answer questions in another thread I ran into, uh, let's just say I ran into a tough time when I used facts as well. Some people just don't think others have the knowledge I guess. *shrugs*
Good luck to ya then...I can't wait to see if you get the same treatment that I did. I can almost guarantee you do not though.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:19 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
That's a good one.. I'm still not convinced that I need to know the answer to this.. but the spoonfed bull@#$ answer is, it was Illana's people in a scene we weren't made aware of. I can't give an explination for why, it just feels like that would have been the answer that TPTB would have given us.

Jacob never invited Widmore, that was a line of bull he was using to get Ben to do what he wanted. He is, was, and always will be an ass.
If Jacob didn't invite him, how did he find the island?

Edit; perhaps Jacob's death and the island not being run properly (as per the Temple) led to the island being discoverable. Similar to Ben's "they were Jacob's rules".

Old 05-27-2010, 01:21 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris197337 View Post
If Jacob didn't invite him, how did he find the island?
Look, there's a Chucky Cheese!!!

ok serious.. hmm. let me think about that for a couple minutes.