Go Back   LOST.COM Forums > The Water Cooler > Season 1
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar

Old 08-16-2008, 01:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0

Getting back to the rewatch---Episode 6. I think I understand so much more about Jin's reaction to Michael having the gold watch now. Jin's father suggested to him to make the delivery of the watches Jin's LAST job for Mr. Paik. With Michael finding and wearing the watch, it was symbolic of Jin's not being able to complete the one last task that would free him forever from having to do Mr. Paik's dirty work! Any man standing in Jin's way of being with Sun and getting away from Paik would have to pay the price!!! If he didn't have the other watches, then he knew he wasn't able to get the final job done and would somehow be drawn back into the vortex of evil. He had other watches to deliver in L.A., did he have them too, or were they lost in the crash? That was unclear to me. What struck me, also was that Jin's character was so violent then compared to what it is in later season episodes.
It makes me appreciate what being on the island has done for him character-wise. I did not like that violent, proud, and disturbed Jin. Also, he was very hurt by Sun's secretly knowing English! The way she exposed the truth in front of everyone openly revealed that she had kept it from her own husband. "Saving face" is a very important issue in human cultures. Sun realized that her secrets were as distasteful to Jin as Jin's work for her father was to her. That's payback, I guess. Haven't we all been there?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2008, 10:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 21

I haven't had time to watch it so I won't comment yet. There's too much going on right now. I quit my job, my new (ex?) GF won't talk to me for some reason, getting ready to move, it just never ends.

I'll make time to watch and get back to this thread Sunday.

http://boutte.smugmug.com/

Old 08-17-2008, 01:55 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutte View Post
I haven't had time to watch it so I won't comment yet. There's too much going on right now. I quit my job, my new (ex?) GF won't talk to me for some reason, getting ready to move, it just never ends.

I'll make time to watch and get back to this thread Sunday.
Things sound very hectic and stressful for you right now! A time with all of that going on really puts the pressure on! I hope the stress will start to let up very soon. Hang in there boutte, we're all rooting for you!

Old 08-20-2008, 02:51 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 5
Default Boutte

Ok, Boutte, I'm a little early here, but I won't have time to watch Weds/Thurs. I am now into at least epi 8...

1. Why did Danielle tell Sayid to watch them closely? (the rest of the Losties she allowed him to return to after holding him captive)

2. What do you make of the dream with Locke (with no eyes) sitting there playing a game and saying to Claire, "It was your responsibility and you gave it away(the baby). Now we all have to pay!)

Wow, I didn't even remember that part!

I rate all my men on a scale of 1 to Ben.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here'sLOCKEing at you,Kid View Post
Ok, Boutte, I'm a little early here, but I won't have time to watch Weds/Thurs. I am now into at least epi 8...

1. Why did Danielle tell Sayid to watch them closely? (the rest of the Losties she allowed him to return to after holding him captive)

2. What do you make of the dream with Locke (with no eyes) sitting there playing a game and saying to Claire, "It was your responsibility and you gave it away(the baby). Now we all have to pay!)

Wow, I didn't even remember that part!
I really need to catch up. I don't remember that dream Either. What episode is that?

http://boutte.smugmug.com/

Old 08-24-2008, 09:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutte View Post
I really need to catch up. I don't remember that dream Either. What episode is that?
Sorry, Boutte, before I realized it, I was all the way thru disc 3, epi 12... it could be anywhere amongst those...
We're just not movin' fast enough here, I guess, Boutte... or maybe I'm just being hyperactive again...

I rate all my men on a scale of 1 to Ben.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like

just rewatched and the case may be and when kate is in on the bank robbery - she is a nasty piece of work! further cementing my dislike for her!

sawyer is meant to be the bad guy but lets face it, she is far worse than he is!!!