Go Back   LOST.COM Forums > The Water Cooler > Season 1
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar

Old 05-27-2010, 06:07 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Send a message via ICQ to Vilewoman Send a message via MSN to Vilewoman Send a message via Skype™ to Vilewoman
Default "Tabula Rasa"

I recently (before the finale) re-watched this episode. Here is where one of many clues as to what, why they were on the island. Where the show's story line was heading and a simple well placed clue to the ending.

Scene on the beach. Kate tries to explain to Jack why she did what she did. Jack doesn't seem to want to know, then says...
"Here everyone gets a second chance."

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2010, 06:45 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilewoman View Post
I recently (before the finale) re-watched this episode. Here is where one of many clues as to what, why they were on the island. Where the show's story line was heading and a simple well placed clue to the ending.

Scene on the beach. Kate tries to explain to Jack why she did what she did. Jack doesn't seem to want to know, then says...
"Here everyone gets a second chance."
Good call. He was telling us and her that no matter what they did prior to coming to the Island it didnt matter. Basically they were all given a blank slate once getting to the island with no past, if you will.

I didnt understand the importance of that comment when I watched it and only thought Jack meant it in the sense that they were stuck on this isalnd and they can make whatever they wanted of their new life independent of what occurred prior to getting there

Old 05-27-2010, 06:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Send a message via ICQ to Vilewoman Send a message via MSN to Vilewoman Send a message via Skype™ to Vilewoman

I didn't pick up on it till after the finale. Then I went ooooo, hey wait a minute here! Now, I can't wait to re-watch add episodes. So much more will make sense to me now. (Here's to hoping)

Glad you think so, I am sure will call me an idiot any post now.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:07 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I didn't pick up on it till after the finale. Then I went ooooo, hey wait a minute here! Now, I can't wait to re-watch add episodes. So much more will make sense to me now. (Here's to hoping)

Glad you think so, I am sure will call me an idiot any post now.
I think that now we have the Finale in hand we can rewatch the show with "new" eyes and pick things out that went unnoticed in the past.

I always believed the answers were going to be rather simple and easily understood.

I think many are still thinking the finale was loaded with hidden meaning and mystery and that is why some ares till debating over whether they were dead all along or want to believe that the FS was an alt universe/parallel universe.

We saw them occurring at the same time but then again we saw the FS and FB's also occurring what would seem the same time but in actuality they occurred before or after depending if it was a FS or FB. Same thing with the FS. The events of jack in the FS which represented after his death did not occur at the same time while he was alive on the Island.

Example was where jack was on the plane and his neck was cut did not happen until after Flocke was trying to stab the knife through his neck. So there is no way that when we see Jack in the first epi in S6 is coinciding with the Jack we see in the FS. jack was very much alive in that first epi although bruised and battered.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I get most of it. FS, FB, Timelines, time jumps, polar bears, I think I understand the baby thing as well. They told us (via an article from one of the writers) what Smokey was. I get why both Miles and Desmond have a dead thing going on. Hurley I think is just special
It's really not that difficult, looking back. But this re-watch I am planning will help everything make a lot more sense.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:39 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Actually, I get most of it. FS, FB, Timelines, time jumps, polar bears, I think I understand the baby thing as well. They told us (via an article from one of the writers) what Smokey was. I get why both Miles and Desmond have a dead thing going on. Hurley I think is just special
It's really not that difficult, looking back. But this re-watch I am planning will help everything make a lot more sense.
So if Ben truly saw his mother at the barracks then he was special too. Also Sawyer saw young jacob boy where Alpert couldnt and they all saw Jacob at some point. Did Jacob just reveal himself to who he wanted at a given time?

Old 05-27-2010, 07:48 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by losttime View Post
So if Ben truly saw his mother at the barracks then he was special too. Also Sawyer saw young jacob boy where Alpert couldnt and they all saw Jacob at some point. Did Jacob just reveal himself to who he wanted at a given time?
Ok so fine, go ahead and be that color Post questions I don't have the answers for!
I did say most!

Wait! I take that back. Maybe because Sawyer was so close to the bomb explosion? But Occam's Razor...I would say Jacob revealed himself to who he wanted to.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:55 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
...I would say Jacob revealed himself to who he wanted to.
Yea that was my point I think Jacob revealed himself to who he wanted and when it was absolutely necessary

Old 05-27-2010, 08:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Then what is your opinion on Ben's mother?

Old 05-27-2010, 09:00 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Then what is your opinion on Ben's mother?
Well that Hurley wasnt all that unique in that he was able to see dead people if ben was able to see his dead mother and Sawyer was able to see young Jacob as Flocke saw him but Alpert was unable