Go Back   LOST.COM Forums > The Water Cooler > Season 1
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar

Old 01-15-2009, 11:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0

I think something we all missed was in the episode where Jack confronts Ben and Ben told Jack to get the phone that Naomi had and give it to Ben, he said that if he doesnt do that then History will be repeating itself as if to indicate the time loop theory that has been passed around for some time now. I was watching it on reruns and when I heard Ben say that, I thought about how the time loop theory would apply.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2009, 11:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Send a message via MSN to Jaystarô

Quote:
Originally Posted by losttime View Post
I think something we all missed was in the episode where Jack confronts Ben and Ben told Jack to get the phone that Naomi had and give it to Ben, he said that if he doesnt do that then History will be repeating itself as if to indicate the time loop theory that has been passed around for some time now. I was watching it on reruns and when I heard Ben say that, I thought about how the time loop theory would apply.
But the Writers said it happens inside the first ever Episode.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:15 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaystarô View Post
But the Writers said it happens inside the first ever Episode.
I wasnt talking about the important thing we all missed i was just discussing something that might have been missed in general.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:14 PM

Post Thanks / Like

I started a thread back in the off time waiting for last season about the monk and Elle on here.That they worked and manipulated time along with people to get Desmond and Penny together to meet.At the time not many peps responded to the thread I'm sure that they did maanipulate things to get them together for whatever reason.Elle is a wierd character,she was the leader -she is kinda a keeper of time and the monk is a keeper of the faith.They put Desmond to the test before the monk intentionally hooked up him and Penny to meet. That's just my take,I wish i could find that old thread,I like this thread there is alot we are keeping a blind eye about,that's just my opinion

Old 06-27-2009, 03:39 PM

Post Thanks / Like

I would say yes he was on the island before, but not because of these points. We are first introduced to him awaking in the jungle laying on his back far from the crash where he apparently "blacked out". This is unusual in it's own right (especially without any injuries) but the same exact thing happens to him when coming back to the island the second time. He "blacks out" from the light and finds himself on the island laying on his back. I don't think it's just coincidence.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:51 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc2189 View Post
I would say yes he was on the island before, but not because of these points. We are first introduced to him awaking in the jungle laying on his back far from the crash where he apparently "blacked out". This is unusual in it's own right (especially without any injuries) but the same exact thing happens to him when coming back to the island the second time. He "blacks out" from the light and finds himself on the island laying on his back. I don't think it's just coincidence.
he had a huge lac that he asked Kate to suture after flt 815 ripped apart.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Ok yeah that's true but my point was a person with no broken bones or truly serious injuries should not find their way out of their seat/seatbelt, in a plane that's hurtling down through the sky, and land relatively safely far away from the crash on their backs. He was able to get up and run to the plane afterwards. To me that tells me something else is going on. Heck, maybe even something else with more survivors since someone at some point did say, "That crash should have killed all of us".

Old 06-27-2009, 04:03 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc2189 View Post
Ok yeah that's true but my point was a person with no broken bones or truly serious injuries should not find their way out of their seat/seatbelt, in a plane that's hurtling down through the sky, and land relatively safely far away from the crash on their backs. He was able to get up and run to the plane afterwards. To me that tells me something else is going on. Heck, maybe even something else with more survivors since someone at some point did say, "That crash should have killed all of us".
I see what you are saying but Jack I believe was following Vincent after it ran past him. I also thnk Vincent is more than just a dog. I think if it did survive it was because the "Island chooses who it chooses" type of thing. A dog in a crate under the plans would have been slammed around and would at minimum have some type of injury whether external or internal and would most likey be showing signs of it not running around right after the crash. For all we know the crate could have been located in the tail section that lays at the bottom of the ocean.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:39 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaystarô View Post
Ok so I'm going through Season 1 again. And on the Episode "The best Cowboys have Daddy Issues" after Jack awakes from Ethan attacking him, he says "I'm not letting him kill them, not again!"
Well even though this takes place in S1, Jack was on the Island in 1973 and 1973 is before 2004. So even though they don't end up in the past until S4...

I have been and shall always be, your friend.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 5

I think they are all a bunch of misfits, never quite belonging there in the mainland world. They belong to the island.

I rate all my men on a scale of 1 to Ben.