Go Back   LOST.COM Forums > The Water Cooler > Season 1
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar

Old 02-19-2010, 09:11 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpie View Post
Oh thats right! Maybe its Rose. Maybe thats why she knows her cancer is gone. But if thats the case, why care so much about Bernard? Hmmmm...
Maybe she needs bernard on her side. Maybe its all a big ,elaborate plan drawn out by smokie(or whomever is the claiming party) for 3 years now... Wouldnt be the first time for a 3 year plan

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2010, 02:03 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 11

For those interested, check the Official LOST Podcast for April 16, 2007. Damon and Carlton both address this issue.

Here's an excerpt:

Carlton Cuse: Here's another thing you can clear up, Damon.

Damon Lindelof: Yeah.

Carlton Cuse: This is from Faciana... a...

Damon Lindelof: Don't even bother.

Carlton Cuse: Yeah, I won't.

Damon Lindelof: Heh.

Carlton Cuse: "I recently posted a topic in the pilot in the plot forum regarding something I'd read stating that either Damon or Carlton had said that there was a vital clue in the pilot episode. It turns out this topic has come up several times, but no one could ever cite the source. So now I'm asking definitively, did we all miss something groundbreaking in the pilot? If not, have we at one time missed something that has since been discovered? It would be awesome if you guys could clear this up."

Damon Lindelof: A plot- a mystery in the pilot?

Carlton Cuse: Yeah, something... I think this is actually- this must be a false rumor. I don't- I honestly can't think that there's anything in the pilot that we haven't addressed that isn't obvious to viewers of the show. There is no sort of embedded secret coded undiscovered clue in the pilot that--

Damon Lindelof: Yeah.

Carlton Cuse: --has not yet been unearthed.

Last edited by LissaMarie; 02-24-2010 at 03:04 AM.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 0

Interesting points here, I saw ep 1 recently and with this in mind saw that there were cut scenes from Charlie moving from the toilet to the place where he got a near miss with the trolley, followed by another brief cut to where he sits himself, I think that could be properly placed where he fits in to the story despite the air dispencers falling.

As for the shoe theory, and whats been missed here is why the dead body of Locke had to have shoes placed on his feet before it was returned to the island. Given also, the idea that he measured up some shoes on the beach, could it be possible (and i'm going out on a limb here ) that they could have belonged to Christian??

Never thought of Jack being left alone with Smokie even while watching it but it seems thats a scene that could be revisited also.

As i'm gathering my thoughts towards the end of the show now I am wondering if Smokie is the good guy after all of this, something that probably won't be understood right to the last "thud"!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 1

I think we can safely say that the trainers came from christian/smokie.Jack says in a later episode that he put some old trainers on his dads body because no one was gonna see his feet in the coffin.The reason they are in the tree would probably be because as soon as mib inhabited christians body he took them off as mib doesn't where shoes he goes barefoot (as far as i can remember). As for Jack and Charlie being where they are after the crash,the island probably flashed them to safety similar to how they all flashed from the ajira flight and woke up safely on the island.They both had work to do so the island wouldn't let anything happen to them.There's no way Jack dropped out of the plane or he would have been impaled on the bamboo.I've been dying to make a comment in this section.

Lost has ended but lives on through us (the fans).