Go Back   LOST.COM Forums > The Water Cooler > Season 1
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar

Old 05-26-2009, 08:05 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by singular View Post
Locke's smug demeanour in Season 1 mirrors that of the last part of Season 5.

And his ability to do uncanny things and show up at improbable times also mirrors that of the last part of Season 5.

Not to mention his downright creepy facial expressions.

And what happened exactly the first time he saw the monster? Why did he lie to Boone that he hadn't seen it? We still know nothing substantial about that encounter, and neither do any of the Losties.

I thought when locke saw smokie he saw a bright white light. It's possible locke coulda time traveled but i mean where has he had the time to do this?? I think his smug attitude is basically the fact he was in a wheelchair, broken back etc and after what coulda been a life danergous accident maybe causing lockes original condition it never it saved him. So I think he's just in love with life for the first time in his life for a season

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2009, 06:38 PM

Post Thanks / Like

What about when Walt says to Locke..."Don't open it" referring to the hatch that Locke hasn't told anyone but Boon about. And then it tells his dad now they have to leave apparently with reference to the fact that the hatch is going to be opened.

He seems to go some kind of connection with the island as well...or maybe its Locke.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:46 PM

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, Locke completely changed after he met the smoke monster early on.... I wouldn't be suprised if he hasn't been the real locke since....

Old 05-27-2009, 10:50 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d-aholic View Post
What about when Walt says to Locke..."Don't open it" referring to the hatch that Locke hasn't told anyone but Boon about. And then it tells his dad now they have to leave apparently with reference to the fact that the hatch is going to be opened.

He seems to go some kind of connection with the island as well...or maybe its Locke.
Well, I think once they open the hatch theyve opened their can of worms and it all starts to build from there. If they just ran about the jungle never discovering these things walt probs woulda stayed. I bet he can remember being there before, what about all them birds always flying in windows when he's about?? srsly whats that all about? I suppoes something that will maybe get explained in season 6 but any of you guys have theories on that??

and yeah good point, possibly when locke did encounter smokie there was a transition of souls, which would be interesting because then that would mean Locke is actually smokie since that time! interesting.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:52 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffy View Post
Hi .. first of all, let me introduce myself . I'm Saffy and I live in the Uk ... am a huge fan of Lost and have only just joined this forum .. so HULLO !

Please bear with me if this has been posted before .. I did do a search, but didn't come up with anything.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but when Lost starts again on TV, my OH and I have to go back to the very beginning and re watch, so that we can get our "fix" whilst waiting for the next episode to air in the USA so we can download it.

On going back to the first series .. it definitely seems as though Locke has been on the island before ... He says, "It's going to rain in .. approximately 1 minute" and it does ... and just little things, like the way he acts at ease on the island.

Does anyone else think this?
hello how are you?

That would be a nice twist in the story, that John was on the island before, very good :-)

Old 05-27-2009, 01:43 PM

Post Thanks / Like

yeah I think we were first led to believe he was just "in tune" with the island. But knowing where things are and when things are going to happen may be time travel or I don't think the producers ave ruled out De Ja Vu. Maybe some people's past memories become clear enough they can change things or at least anticipate them.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:01 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Yea,John has told different stories of what happened the first encounter of smokie,it'd be crazy if that the real John was possessed back then and did everything in human form to get Anti-jacob the loophole,You guys have seen the demeanor change back and forth in him,he gave up so quick in trying to get them to go back.Also,about walt there's a thread in season 5 "I think Walt's situation is wierd any help or comments .Happy hunting the real john Locke

Old 06-09-2009, 09:48 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate's Future Ex-Husband View Post
yeah I think we were first led to believe he was just "in tune" with the island. But knowing where things are and when things are going to happen may be time travel or I don't think the producers ave ruled out De Ja Vu. Maybe some people's past memories become clear enough they can change things or at least anticipate them.
You know how we were talking about john being a pawn and that possibly being his destiny? well he's always been looking to someone else on what to do right. lets say that he is john locke when he first comes on the island, then he is simply for once not taking orders or being maniupluated by anyone when he first gets on the island. For once he is healed and he knows what is happening. I think that why he ends up thinking he was destined for greater things the island seemed to be his paradise. But i really don't think he was on the island before and if he was I don't think it was anti jacob. Locke speaks alot about choices.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like

I think it wasnt until JL came back on 316 was he no longer JL. Prior to that I think the beach boy was searching out who will be his loop hole and may know that JL was going to be it from that point and was coming up wth a plan to manipulat everything we saw since season 1. It wasnt until they returned back on 316 did Richard notice something different about JL. It wasnt that a resurrected JL had a purpose but the beach boy was now pretending to be JL and Richard was almost sensing something different about the JL he knew. At least thats what i am getting from it.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:01 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by losttime View Post
I think it wasnt until JL came back on 316 was he no longer JL. Prior to that I think the beach boy was searching out who will be his loop hole and may know that JL was going to be it from that point and was coming up wth a plan to manipulat everything we saw since season 1. It wasnt until they returned back on 316 did Richard notice something different about JL. It wasnt that a resurrected JL had a purpose but the beach boy was now pretending to be JL and Richard was almost sensing something different about the JL he knew. At least thats what i am getting from it.
Yeah I think Richard knows or at least senses but i think he knows what is going down. Do you think 'beach boy' becomes JL once the plane lands or is he waiting up at the window spot when the plane comes into the island lil own bubble? like just sitting waiting for dead bodies in a plane? or does he just happen to notice them once the plane has crashed etc